• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

CITIZEN ARENA - Star Citizen Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VoA

VoA

• 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hello Romantics :

The Citizen Arena Team (a Star Citizen community team - not tied to any specific Org) - has just posted our RSI forum thread under the Arena Commander Forums.  I invite everyone to check it out and hopefully Wes will see this and possibly add a segment into The Hull Truth.

We are reaching out to various Orgs / Podcast / etc... to promote this Star Citizen Community driven endeavor.  If you have questions or comments or would like to participate as part of the team please post on the RSI thread (I won't be able to monitor this thread).  Since I am a new poster here I guess I am unable to post pictures / links / etc.... but you should be able to find it under the same title as this thread in the Arena Commander section of the RSI Forums.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in the Verse !!!

#2 Lutra

Lutra

• 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

here is a link to what you're talking about

https://forums.rober...cussion/135924/

sounds interesting.  hope it takes off.

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

It's cool but I don't think it will work unless CIG adds spectator/e-sports style functions to the game. You really need more than a simple observer mode, which it doesn't even have, to do effective e-sports that's filmed/streamed.

CIG has mentioned the possibility of something like that but I've never seen it included on any roadmap for features being worked on. My guess is that it's REALLY far down the road and sadly, that's a bad sign because most games that have GOOD e-sports style mechanics have them built in from the ground up with that in mind.

I can't really promote it until it's actually a thing that can be done. Let us know again down the line somewhere when you have a working prototype of how you'll run it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users