• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Romantics Rules for Chat and Moderators

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

Moderator Application - https://docs.google....svAdPuE3es/edit

The Golden Rules: Everyone in chat is treated as equals in our community. These rules apply to all members in twitch chat, including our moderators. Breaking any of these rules will result in a 10 minute Time Out. Depending on the severity level of the infringement a second offense could result in being Banned. Anyone who has been timed out three times will be banned from chat. Think of it as a three strike rule.

• Respect Treat each member of the chat with respect. If you start saying something that you think could offend anyone, please restrain yourself. We all have our own lives that have value to us and we all deserve one another’s respect.
  • PositivityKeep chat discussions positive and have a great time with our community. Keeping a positive vibe in chat leads to more interesting conversations and helps provide a better experience for our viewers overall.
  • No Offensive Topics While constructive criticism and discussions are welcomed and encouraged in our chat, stupidity and discrimination are not. Therefore we restrict the following subjects from chat: Religion, Politics, Racism, Sexism, Drugs, and Piracy (Illegal Downloads).
  • No Sexual Humor Regardless of our own personal ideas, sexual humor can end up being offensive to someone in chat. We ask that members of our chat restrain from such comments and statements.
  • Don’t Feed the Trolls Every chat room has Trolls. Ignore them. They provide a negative experience for the chat and responses to their actions just cause further issues. Our Moderators will deal with them.
  • No SpoilersDo not give spoilers. If a person decides to state any kind of spoiler in chat, they will be Timed Out immediately. Also, do not joke with spoilers as the streamer or moderator may not be aware it was a joke which could result in you getting Timed Out.
  • Don’t Ask About Giveaways Please do not constantly ask about giveaways in the chat. New viewers get the first one for free, but if we notice someone asking multiple times they will be Timed Out.
  • Backseat Gaming Etiquette While we do not restrict our viewers from Backseat gaming, we do ask that no one gets out of hand with it. If the streamer or moderators find your constant directions annoying and distracting, you may get timed out. Just be respectful when giving hints or suggestions.

Moderator Guidelines: Being a Moderator does not grant you immunity or the power to simply do as you please. All moderators are expected to follow the Golden Rules of the stream, and adhere to the following guidelines when issuing Time Outs or Bans.

• Meaningful Bans Moderators are not to ban someone unless it’s an extreme offense or someone who has been at the receiving end of multiple Time Outs according to the Golden Rules above.
  • Don’t Abuse Powers Refrain from threatening to Time Out or Ban viewers. If someone is being disruptive make sure the course you pursue is based on the Golden Rules. Do not comment that you’ll be issuing them a Time Out or Ban beforehand.
  • Don’t Discuss Moderator Actions Do not respond and discuss Time Outs or Bans in the chat. If someone got Timed Out or Banned, there was a reason.
  • No Trolling Anyone Refrain from trolling anyone in chat, even the other moderators. If for some reason you have an issue with a moderator’s comments or actions in chat try to take it to a private conversation. Trolling: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

#2 fenrirthviti

fenrirthviti

• 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

-Fenrir

#3 MinosN

MinosN

• 8 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

-MinosN

#4 Aranwen1

Aranwen1

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

-Aranwen1 / EpicAnon

changes depending on how i feel like being named

Edited by Aranwen1, 04 June 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#5 jeva7057

jeva7057

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

-Jeva7057

#6 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:55 AM

Winslow/Wilson/Colin/Aejaz/Ajax signing.

#7 ZapSong

ZapSong

• 4 posts
  • LocationMajula

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

ZapSong/Ed

Addendum: I think that "not trolling anyone" rule needs a little (read: A LOT) of specification. Some of us do enjoy some level of trolling, and it would be nice to draw some lines. Thank you.

#8 MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

-MrMackeyMKayyy

#9 Whitewing1

Whitewing1

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

Whitewing1

#10 pyso_

pyso_

Advanced Member

• 157 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Pyso_ 

#11 kanyon

kanyon

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

-Kanyon

#12 Black4ugust

Black4ugust

• 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

I, August agree to abide by the rules in post in this thread unfailingly. If chosen, I shall do so if all the flair and extravagance of this superfluous post. 

#13 Nahku

Nahku

Advanced Member

• 303 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

- Nahku

I abide by these rules (but I'm a baddie and have to lurk a lot and can't really watch chat a lot, so I totally understand if I don't get a badge and stuff)  .. also, I will give free beer. ok, ok, trying to abide...

#14 Lakart

Lakart

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

-Lakart

#15 trechetican

trechetican

Advanced Member

• 46 posts
  • LocationKirkmichael, Bonny Scotland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

Trechetican