Moderator Application - https://docs.google....svAdPuE3es/edit
The Golden Rules: Everyone in chat is treated as equals in our community. These rules apply to all members in twitch chat, including our moderators. Breaking any of these rules will result in a 10 minute Time Out. Depending on the severity level of the infringement a second offense could result in being Banned. Anyone who has been timed out three times will be banned from chat. Think of it as a three strike rule.
- Respect – Treat each member of the chat with respect. If you start saying something that you think could offend anyone, please restrain yourself. We all have our own lives that have value to us and we all deserve one another’s respect.
- Positivity – Keep chat discussions positive and have a great time with our community. Keeping a positive vibe in chat leads to more interesting conversations and helps provide a better experience for our viewers overall.
- No Offensive Topics – While constructive criticism and discussions are welcomed and encouraged in our chat, stupidity and discrimination are not. Therefore we restrict the following subjects from chat: Religion, Politics, Racism, Sexism, Drugs, and Piracy (Illegal Downloads).
- No Sexual Humor – Regardless of our own personal ideas, sexual humor can end up being offensive to someone in chat. We ask that members of our chat restrain from such comments and statements.
- Don’t Feed the Trolls – Every chat room has Trolls. Ignore them. They provide a negative experience for the chat and responses to their actions just cause further issues. Our Moderators will deal with them.
- No Spoilers – Do not give spoilers. If a person decides to state any kind of spoiler in chat, they will be Timed Out immediately. Also, do not joke with spoilers as the streamer or moderator may not be aware it was a joke which could result in you getting Timed Out.
- Don’t Ask About Giveaways – Please do not constantly ask about giveaways in the chat. New viewers get the first one for free, but if we notice someone asking multiple times they will be Timed Out.
- Backseat Gaming Etiquette – While we do not restrict our viewers from Backseat gaming, we do ask that no one gets out of hand with it. If the streamer or moderators find your constant directions annoying and distracting, you may get timed out. Just be respectful when giving hints or suggestions.
Moderator Guidelines: Being a Moderator does not grant you immunity or the power to simply do as you please. All moderators are expected to follow the Golden Rules of the stream, and adhere to the following guidelines when issuing Time Outs or Bans.
- Meaningful Bans – Moderators are not to ban someone unless it’s an extreme offense or someone who has been at the receiving end of multiple Time Outs according to the Golden Rules above.
- Don’t Abuse Powers – Refrain from threatening to Time Out or Ban viewers. If someone is being disruptive make sure the course you pursue is based on the Golden Rules. Do not comment that you’ll be issuing them a Time Out or Ban beforehand.
- Don’t Discuss Moderator Actions – Do not respond and discuss Time Outs or Bans in the chat. If someone got Timed Out or Banned, there was a reason.
- No Trolling Anyone – Refrain from trolling anyone in chat, even the other moderators. If for some reason you have an issue with a moderator’s comments or actions in chat try to take it to a private conversation. Trolling: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.