• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Arena Commander released

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

The main article on RSI website

There's also a handy manual ("Pilot's guide") on accessing and playing Arena Commander. Check it out here .

Basically, to access the new features you have to take the helmet from the pedestal and then get into your ship. The UI for AC won't appear if you're not wearing the helmet.

In the guide you can also read about various game modes, your co-pilots, the explanation of the ingame combat UI (the Combat Visor Interface), key bindings.... In any case it's a good idea to at least skim through it while you're waiting for the game to update.

Also, I was wondering if you guys could post your performance in-game with your PC specs? I know this is not a finished product but I was wondering how the game runs (once it works) on various GPUs and CPUs, at least approximately.

Fly safe, or don't!  ^_^

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Yup downloading the patches now...10Gb's worth, by the time it finishes I'll be a qualified combat flight instructor from the amount of times I've read the "pilot's guide" while waiting....

Hahaha

#3 OctainX

OctainX

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Its going to take me 5-8 more hours to download!

My current computer is quad core q6600 2.4 gigahertz, 4 gigs of ram at 800ns,Radeon 6790 with 1GB,27" 1920x1080 22" 1600x1050, windows 8.1 pro, asus P5K-E.

I don't think it will run with only 4 gb ram! I'll let you guys if it runs! LOL:)

My upgraded computer parts are I5-2400 3.4 ,asus p8z68-m pro,looking to upgrade ddr3 memory to 8 GB. I'm going to Limp by with my video card and hard driver until the end of this year. My new RAM will not be here for a week. Then I will start on the new build.

#4 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com/iw2Qhdj.jpg

It's a 150i now!

(shameless c/p from reddit :D )

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#5 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

My performance is amazing, no screen tears (that ive seen yet anyway, dat combat tunnel vision) and it looks better than anything I have ever seen my machine run. Could be biased, tho, always loved the space sims. I don't know about FPS, but I am running it on Very High at 1920x1080. I notice that textures are a little slow to load initially. I don't think my FPS is very high, according to the nvidia website my card benchmarked Crysis3 at just over 30FPS, not that that means anything for AC, but there ya go.

I run a i5-2500K not overclocked 3.3 Ghz, 16GB DDR3 Ram i think its 1333, 2GB Geforce 760. my motherboard is a asus P8-Z77-V. 1TB HDD

I can't think of any other relevant specs, let me know if you want more details

Sarg

#6 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Umm i7-3970x, 3.50 Ghz, 32Gb DDR Ram, GTX Titan video, ASRock Mobo, unsure of exact Mobo...Arena Commander looks beautiful.....

#7 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

It runs well on some systems that it shouldn't and poorly on some systems that it should run well on. Makes sense considering the unoptimized nature of it :D Having said that, it seems like most people with top end PC's are getting 50 to 60fps out of it. Weirdly enough it doesn't feel that bad at 25 or 30fps. My Laptop runs it at about that.

All in all it's not quite so bad as people thought it would be. You'll get a hiccup here and there like with 5 or 6 ships spawn in for the next wave. I bet it's way worse in multiplayer with 16 ships flying around with full damage modeling etc... The explosions seem to be very poorly optimized as well. Even on my fairly great system, the explosions cause a split second freeze sometimes.

#8 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

I was also reading through this Reddit thread about PC performances, and there's a Linus Tech Tips did some benchmarking on SC... Seems like only top-end GPUs like the 780 and 780Ti have around 60fps. I know we're playing an un-optimized alpha but it's slightly worrying since atm there are less than 10 ships at any time on the map. In the finished game there will be at most around 60, not to mention capital ships, bigger weapon effects, more missiles... My wallet is scared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users