• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

How Much Have You Played?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

We're around 48 hours since the release I think and I've logged 10 hours of flight time. How about you?

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

Only two hours here thus far, will have two days free to smash it out a bit...

#3 Palaciouss

Palaciouss

Advanced Member

• 55 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

I've probably done an hour, I find the sensitivity way too bad on the game to put anymore hours in but once that's fixed I'll be all over it!

#4 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I have played about ten minutes in two minute intervals because the damn then crashes every two minutes... also like palaciouss said the sensitivity is way out of wack to the point where i can barely control it and just end up spinning out of control...

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#5 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Had a touch of the sensitivity when I started playing with an 360 Controller was a bit out there. Since M'Soft, released the drivers for using an Xbox One controller, I made the switch and seems a lot better, works well.

Only had two software crashes, after wave 3 or 4 I think using the Hornet, I switched to an Aurora and was stable from there. I had only one instance of spinning out of control after being hit by a Vanduul raider, I actually blacked out momentarily from spinning, so de-coupled hit some thrust and tried to counter spin, which strangely worked, during this time I was being hammered, took out one more raider before my systems said see'ya, and some incoming finished me off....so close wave 13..

This was after the previous round of having half a raider planted in my windscreen and stuck there, but managed to take another down whilst flying blind, had to nudge things in decoupled mode to get the "bug" from my front window off.

**edit - made it wave 13 again with the Hornet....well half a Hornet

#6 Shiverin

Shiverin

• 15 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

About an hour so far. I have to setup the sensitivity some due to the twitchiness of it all. I got to the 4th wave and got spanked :rolleyes: . Also there's nothing like turning and find yourself a second away from sudden death from a floating space rock. I am sure I will be messing around with it more tonight and the weekend.

The Cosmos is filled with tons of unanswered questions, I have but one, are you friend or foe?

#7 Chamrajnagar

Chamrajnagar

Advanced Member

• 60 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

A few hours. I'm having issues getting my x52 to work with it and I can't really justify practicing keyboard/mouse when I have such a nice stick I'd like to use. 

Chamrajnagar / XDMysticFlare

#8 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I've done about 18 hours so far. Made it to wave 13. All with Mouse/KB. Sometime this weekend (hopefully) I'm going to get my HOTAS custom configged to work using all the stuff they released for that. I'm also going to get Voice Attack working mostly so that I can easily adjust power to shields/weapons/avionics etc...

I hate to play it too much more using the M/KB because Travis Day stated that the 6dof/newtonian stuff is not even really implemented yet. It's getting some DRASTIC changes asap.

All in all I like it. I think it's too arcadey right now.

Two tips.

1. Change your weapons loadouts in the hangar for some much better combinations.

2. Turn off COMBSTB (Command Level Stability) by hitting ctrl-caps.

From the manual: Command-Level Stability (COMSTAB). The second safety mode is the turn control system (TCS, sometimes called Command-Level Stability or Comstab). Often, when the ship is turned when moving at a high velocity, it will slide in the original direction before eventually settling into the new direction. Comstab will limit this sliding behavior by slowing the ship’s velocity during extreme maneuvers. It is similar to the traction control system of ground-based vehicles. Command-Level Stability is indicated by the “COMSTAB” indicator on the HUD.

#9 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

A few hours. I'm having issues getting my x52 to work with it and I can't really justify practicing keyboard/mouse when I have such a nice stick I'd like to use. 

I felt that way, too. I have an x52 and didn't use it the day of release because of the height of my desk vs the height of my chair (would've made for some very sore wrists/elbows). I got a new chair the next day and was able to use my x52 and it worked well for me. I tried going back to KB/M but couldn't readjust after a 5 hour session on the HOTAS.

I've done about 18 hours so far. Made it to wave 13. All with Mouse/KB. Sometime this weekend (hopefully) I'm going to get my HOTAS custom configged to work using all the stuff they released for that. I'm also going to get Voice Attack working mostly so that I can easily adjust power to shields/weapons/avionics etc...

I hate to play it too much more using the M/KB because Travis Day stated that the 6dof/newtonian stuff is not even really implemented yet. It's getting some DRASTIC changes asap.

All in all I like it. I think it's too arcadey right now.

Two tips.

1. Change your weapons loadouts in the hangar for some much better combinations.

2. Turn off COMBSTB (Command Level Stability) by hitting ctrl-caps.

From the manual: Command-Level Stability (COMSTAB). The second safety mode is the turn control system (TCS, sometimes called Command-Level Stability or Comstab). Often, when the ship is turned when moving at a high velocity, it will slide in the original direction before eventually settling into the new direction. Comstab will limit this sliding behavior by slowing the ship’s velocity during extreme maneuvers. It is similar to the traction control system of ground-based vehicles. Command-Level Stability is indicated by the “COMSTAB” indicator on the HUD.

I'm starting to look into Voice Attack after a post I saw on /r/starcitizen considering I didn't do too much technical stuff when I was playing. I pretty much just flew around and did my best at aiming the weapons since this is my first time ever playing a Space Sim. 

#10 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

Made it to wave 15 during a break today. Took me about 52 minutes. Used the 300i.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users