• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Freelancer Variants are live

Star Citzen Freelancer

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 milksgonebadd

milksgonebadd

Advanced Member

• 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

The Freelancer variants that were teased so many months ago are now live! And it looks like the variants should show up in the hangar.

https://robertsspace...elancer-Line-Up

#2 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

If anyone gets the MAX variant they have to call it big ol' bertha

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////
my links (twitter) (steam)

#3 Pippin

Pippin

• 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Its nice to see the Freelancer variants, but its also nice to see the TNGS ships in the hanger.

#4 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

wait what about the TGNS ships in the hanger, no spoilers of who one. i haven't seen it yet

"Never underestimate teamwork, It gives the enemy something else to shoot at" -(Murphy's law of war) ///// "I would give you sloppy, nutty kisses." -SQIRL 2015 /////  "It's just big, Just too big for my hands." -SQiRL 2015 /////

#5 Pippin

Pippin

• 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

No one has won yet it just has the two finalists in the hanger. The finale is tomorrow, they put the ships in the hanger so when we vote we get a better idea of the way the ships look. I can't decide which Freelancer variant to get.

#6 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

It's a great idea to add these finalist ships to the hangar, it's one thing to see them on video - another one in your own hangar, in-engine.

Btw, they also added an ingame coat in the pledge store, for 5$. There's no picture but it's descriptions says: 

The limited Freelancer vintage UEE Environment Coat. Wind proof, capable of weathering difficult atmospheric conditions. For when you aim to misbehave!

Damnit, they are reading us like a book. I always aim to misbehave! It must be a brown coat.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#7 daedalus212

daedalus212

Advanced Member

• 129 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Both ships will end up in game anyways. I love them both but if i had to chose one i would have to say shards ship. It just looks like the raw definition of a gunship. The funny thing is back when they were designing the guns i thought that shard was crap and had no chance. I am glad i ate my words on that one lol

edit: wtf can you not go inside the TNGS ships in hanger?

#8 MrMackeyMK

MrMackeyMK

Advanced Member

• 140 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

I <3 the MAX

Makes me want to buy a Freelancer again, but I have to restrain myself from doing so. Most likely getting one of the TNGS ships later on and my Connie will make up for the Freelancer.

#9 WildCard

WildCard

Advanced Member

• 124 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

BOOM! Welcome to my hanger "Freelancer MIS" you sexy beast.....

#10 Lutra

Lutra

• 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

can you not go inside the TNGS ships in hanger?

Nope. Although if you get really creative with the 3rd person camera you can see tiny glimpses of the inside - there are seats and texturing and stuff in there, but you can't see much.  Kind of silly they didn't leave all the doors open even if they weren't going to make them interactive.

#11 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

I have a Freelancer and I'm torn.

The max looks nice, the explorer appeals to the part of me that wants to say "sod trading, reach for the stars" and the MIS looks badass.

But they all feel like compromises.  I'll happily pay for any of the upgrades from my stock 'Lancer, but none of them are doing quite enough to sway me.

#12 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'll definitely get the Freelancer Max in the game, it will be my dedicated hauler - that cargo hold looks huge, and the Lancer is an awesome ship. 

Dunno about other variants, maybe the Dur for the exploration even though I think a 300i might be more interesting for that job, simply so I can make a run if I encounter pirates or other hostile players/NPCs.

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#13 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Keep in mind the MIS is a limited sale and will not be in the shop after Monday the 16th of this month.

I upgraded my base Freelancer to a DUR and purchased the MIS outright. Had to have it. The Freelancer has been my favorite ship overall for a long time.

#14 genadmission

genadmission

• 18 posts
  • LocationMtl, Qc, Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Got sucked into buying the Freelancer DUR ... im happy and my wallet is sad. true story

#15 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Damnit Wes, you're right as always.

RSI thank you for your sales skills.

My wallet doesn't! :)

#16 airbrusher

airbrusher

• 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

I upgraded my lancer to the MAX varient. I also bought the Mis Upgrade so all I need is another lancer to put it on, no hurry though.

#17 elvismiggell

elvismiggell

Advanced Member

• 42 posts
  • LocationLingfield, UK

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Yeah... I seem to have ended up with a DUR, MAX AND MIS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users