• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Arena Commander High Scores?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Ok, I keep forgetting to check my score before I die but with the current build I am unable to re-spawn, however missiles and the ammo replenishes every three rounds unless my ship has taken too much damage for that particular weapon.

Under this current system, I've made it to Wave 10 before I die / eject. How's everyone else doing? Oh, I only have a Hornet to play with at the moment.

Note: In order for your missiles to replenish you have to be completely out. That's how it works for me anyways.

#2 RIPresent

RIPresent

• 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

I've made it to wave 11 at my highest. I play with the 300i and swapped out the nose weapon with the m23a behring? I can't remember the actual name of the weapon, but I like it. I'll  probably be able to beat wave 15 by this time next week. 

#3 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, I certainly play enough I'll probably be there too.  If the game starts giving me three ships again it will probably be even sooner. I've seen videos with the 300i and I like the looks of the maneuverability better.  The Hornet is a nice weapons platform but I would gladly take one less ballistic weapon with more ammo(or power) and less mass.

#4 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

Beat wave 15 with the hornet. Replace ball turret weapons with Omnisky lasers. Mouse and Keyboard. Can't do it with joystick till I get it all sorted.

#5 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

I had to fix the joystick axis with the xml file that they had released. I couldn't fly worth beans with the joystick until I had done that. It changes the x axis back to rudder. 

#6 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I'm going to try that out this weekend. Hopefully I can get Hull Truth and my other project done in time this weekend to mess with it for a while.

#7 Kylon Kostaja

Kylon Kostaja

Advanced Member

• 30 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

I made it to wave 13 with my 300i once, but only once. My most recent match both wingmen kicked the bucket while I was trying to take out a vanduul that was down to just an engine and cockpit. Little bugger took forever to kill.

#8 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

I made it to wave 13 also. The hornet feels like a nice missile/weapons platform but I have a heck of a time in the up close and personal fights against 2 or more enemies. That's how it should be I suppose. I think I would like the 300i better. I will probably purchase an Avenger and be flying that for AC when I get it.

#9 Falcon515

Falcon515

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

I made it to wave 14 in an Aurora! Both of my winmen died at th end of wave 13, so I awas all alone for wave 14. I survived about 30 seconds before being swarmed by missiles.

I like how well the ships are balanced, I actually have a hard time deciding whether I want to fly the 300i or Aurora when I play AC.

#10 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Made it halfway through wave 14, both wingmen around...tho they need to upgrade the ai for our wingmen not just the enemies ai XD In the Hornet 7c Trainer, 4 Omnisky Mark VI lasers (ball turret 2, wing tips 2) with VA and logitech X3D Pro Joystick (thats pretty much out lasted all my consoles and gamepads). Voice Attack is a real saver especially switching out power settings on the fly, radar, couple/decouple, GSafe, ConStab, and assigning multiple targets (G key). I also got Ivona voice Brian, Amy, and Jennifer (prefer Brian as he's basically the Jarvis voice from Ironman XD).

The Omnisky's run wonderfully on the 300i, as I got the 325a, i had access to its weapons too so 4 total to use counting the trainer. I currently have the Ghost Hornet and that gave me the Hornet Trainer. If you're running VA use Combat and Escape configurations as needed. My profile is here https://www.dropbox....pha-Profile.vap

here's the score screenie:

10504889_10152318937318401_4357258565815

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#11 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

BTW one other thing I've noticed using the Mark VI lasers, it's a precision weapon. Only fire when you have a good shot, but...I've managed to snipe targets past the 1.8k range so you can do the lying prone style with your ship, if you're left alone (your wingmen have the aggro) get to the asteroids and line your shots up then set your power to weapons. Or your coming to the rescue of a wingman, with quad lasers you can easily kill from a distance with combat configuration (between shields and weapons on the power triangle).

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#12 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Finally made it to level 14... Both wingmen had died and I was able to take out two Alphas before I got blown to smithereens. I've been using the Behring up on the top turret and a Bulldog repeater. I have another Bulldog repeater for one side and the cannon thing for the other. I'm able to mount more guns but haven't figured out how to access them.

The Behring thing charges really slow. It's ideal to alternate laser kills and missile kills with that thing.

Been using my ST290 pro that I bought at goodwill for $5. 

I need to get on board with the voice attack thing. Also I haven't been using thrust up/down/left/right. The hardest part of the game is getting my family to leave me alone for the 40 minutes it takes me to get to the higher waves.

Falcon how do you fly the Aurora? I tried and didn't do so hot. Do you use a mouse and keyboard?

#13 Lutra

Lutra

• 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Wave 13 in a 300.  The Omnisky's are definitely going to be nerfed.  I haven't played too much so I should see if I can get past wave 15. . .  I almost never use up all my missiles before I die so I need to work on that.

#14 Deckard

Deckard

• 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Made it to the last two ships in wave 14 - Doh! Use Hornet but do like the 300i. Prefer stick but have to wait for them to work out the keybindings. Also have been using voice attack and I like how you can lock and immediately fire missile. 

#15 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Anyone have a recommended load-out for the 300i if I only own two omskis? With only two, it's not quite enough to snipe a kill before they get me first.  I run out of energy when i need it the most. Sometimes when I'm fighting a good player in a Hornet it feels like I'm going after a bear with a 9 mm pistol. Just seems to tick them off! 

#16 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Well this only works if you have a hornet available XD plus I have a badger repeater too: 300i with a badger or omski on the nose, and gatlings on the wings.

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#17 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I purchased a Longsword with my UEE credits so I could try out the 25 mm ammo. It doesn't fire like the gatlings it's way slower. Seems to rough some people up though. I guess I could try triple cannons now. Should give me more shields and maneuverability.

#18 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

I tried the Gatlings plus omski. I like that I didn't run out of energy but I think I've found my favorite load-out for now until I get other weapons. I have a Mantis on one wing and a Bulldog on the other with an Omski on the nose. With this setup, I can actually fly head on against another ship and occasionally come out on top.

#19 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Alright Wes, I tried your Omski Hornet setup and it worked out pretty well. I was still on my first ship at Wave 14. I had one hunter left and my phone rang and I crashed into an asteroid wasting a pristine ship. When I was done I had three alphas and the Reaper left and they were all tore up. I'm sure I'll get it next time.

#20 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Made it past wave 15 finally, just took decent wingmen instead of AI's always got stopped before at wave 14, but the nice part was I didn't have one death the whole time! Hornet with two Mantis gats and then on the ball turret two Badger Repeaters (they do soo much more dmg than the bulldogs).10658976_10152474065368401_1649926325921

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users