• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Arena Commander High Scores?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Awesome Akai. This mode is really cool. Being able to do the AI stuff coop is honestly the most exciting thing about the new features. Racing will be too once they get private matches working.

#22 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

I had the honor of flying with Sod in co-op mode who is number 1 on the planet currently. He was certainly a badass. I sent him a message and asked him his setup and he said mouse and keyboard.

I've always flown with Keyboard + Joystick but after learning this I experimented with an X-box controller and the keyboard and mouse, and here's my final answer:

Joystick in the Left hand, mouse on the right.

I was gearing up to spend a lot of money on TrackIR, Pedals, HOTAS, but here's what I think I'll be using unless they majorly change how those gimbled weapons work with the mouse:

VoiceAttack $8

ST290Pro $5(Goodwill)

Logitech G400 $30

I am short a couple of buttons so I may purchase a mouse with more but I'm kicking some serious arse with this setup. It took me some time to get used to as I've always been a right handed joystick person.

#23 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

I had the honor of flying with Sod in co-op mode who is number 1 on the planet currently. He was certainly a badass. I sent him a message and asked him his setup and he said mouse and keyboard.

I've always flown with Keyboard + Joystick but after learning this I experimented with an X-box controller and the keyboard and mouse, and here's my final answer:

Joystick in the Left hand, mouse on the right.

I was gearing up to spend a lot of money on TrackIR, Pedals, HOTAS, but here's what I think I'll be using unless they majorly change how those gimbled weapons work with the mouse:

VoiceAttack $8

ST290Pro $5(Goodwill)

Logitech G400 $30

I am short a couple of buttons so I may purchase a mouse with more but I'm kicking some serious arse with this setup. It took me some time to get used to as I've always been a right handed joystick person.

The Razor Orbweaver might come in handy better than a mouse now that I think about it, also I'm running the Logitech 3D Pro Extreme the software you download with it allows you to program in just about any mapping you want and adjust sensitivity. Cost me $10 and I've had it for quite a few years so its sturdy too ^^

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#24 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

I hadn't heard of the Razor Orbweaver but I've looked it up now and it looks interesting.

I can't seem to be #1 in the world so I've been trying to be #1 in our Org in all categories (except racing). Take a look... I'm not bragging, I'm demanding someone come and put me in my place!

#25 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

I've got the m50 but I use it as a interceptor not a racer, that course puts me into walls way too many times XD

My crew is running vanduul coop tonight while FFXIV is doing its update for thf/nin (rogue/ninja) to be added in, pm me if you want in on the skype dogfighting tonight.

And net is running bad tonight, tried streaming it and it was god awful >.< I was overshooting targets like mad so switched the stream off, looked at it and for w/e reason it was running the rez higher than normal so set it down to 720 for now. Using OBS recently and sometimes it resets itself >.<

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#26 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

Some people have put me in my place. Outstanding! I tried to pay to win buying some Omski IIIs which will fit on the M50 but it wasn't as glorious as one would think. I kind of want to try the better repeaters but I'm afraid to spend the money to be disappointing. If anyone has tried out the better repeaters, I'm curious to know how it worked out.

#27 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Some people have put me in my place. Outstanding! I tried to pay to win buying some Omski IIIs which will fit on the M50 but it wasn't as glorious as one would think. I kind of want to try the better repeaters but I'm afraid to spend the money to be disappointing. If anyone has tried out the better repeaters, I'm curious to know how it worked out.

Using repeaters myself on them, was using the Badger repeaters but they took out the M50's ability to run anything above class 1 weapons. The Bulldogs actually work real well on the M50 without draining the power too badly an with its maneuverability the M50 gets close enough to targets rears to tear them up real fast!

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#28 Ulfberht

Ulfberht

Advanced Member

• 64 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

Wow, I didn't even notice that those Badgers were the wrong size. Good thing I didn't buy them. When you're running the bulldogs in the M50 at the moment there is no reason to put any energy in weapons. I've had unlimited ammo and they will eventually overheat but it takes a while. Also I have noticed no loss of maneuverability with the only exception being if I've captured the core when there's no energy in the engines... with the way it's set up now, when I'm using the bulldogs, I do full energy on shield recharge the whole time. With how fragile the M50 is now, this helps. Sometimes I don't know what hit me.

The Omski IIIs will run out of energy and the HUD is bugged so it doesn't show the status. With those, I mix the energy between guns and shields.

#29 Kaldo

Kaldo

Advanced Member

• 265 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

I'm a 'bit' late to the party but... finally sat down and finished one Vanduul Swarm match, usually I just crash or leave mid game :D

http://i.imgur.com/tiY01ax.jpg

This is the recently added 315p. No missiles and in relative mode (fixed weapons only). Wasn't that bad, and the ship flies beautifully. I just have to stop pressing the afterburner because I keep running out of fuel for it. No benefit when you're already at max speed besides the awesome sound. :)

You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens.

#30 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm a 'bit' late to the party but... finally sat down and finished one Vanduul Swarm match, usually I just crash or leave mid game :D

http://i.imgur.com/tiY01ax.jpg

This is the recently added 315p. No missiles and in relative mode (fixed weapons only). Wasn't that bad, and the ship flies beautifully. I just have to stop pressing the afterburner because I keep running out of fuel for it. No benefit when you're already at max speed besides the awesome sound. :)

I generally only use afterburners as a sort of retro or sudden course change, really effective for getting that ass of a vanduul off your 6

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#31 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

BTW for those that upgraded your hornets to the M or already had it, this nice lil tidbit I figured out; You can take the conard turret off the M and put it on the trainer fully functional + the neutron guns are an upgrade from the standard and DO NOT deplete the nose power supply. I'm running 4 badgers (2 on wingtips 2 on top turret), 2 neutrons (nose fixed) and 2 Broadswords (conard turret as it seems to have a glitch for power and drains dry fully if energy weapons are on it, guessing its due to the lower powerplant on the trainer (the M has a higher powerplant  but its not implemented yet)).

Redid that setup replaced the broadswords with two ma4's on the connard turret

1912383_10152650949888401_63302488794345

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#32 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

Haven't had much time to post so here's the latest score while running the trainer with the M loadout; 4 Badger Repeaters, 2 neutron 14's and 2 MA4's (basically unlimited fire so long as you balance between weapon power and shields or just go full weapons.

10847467_10152654000953401_3581316314136I found this nice lil cave inside one of the asteroids (position down from the terraformer near the boundary). I ejected and decided to explore the full map EVA style XD

10847638_10152650949968401_25227477698881523677_10152650949953401_622409289275671795334_10152650949883401_88961814223587I led the last 3 waves into that cavern I found yesterday! each time either half or the majority of the swam wave would die cause I was hotdogging it inside the cave XD

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#33 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:12 AM

Not so much highest scores, but my crew made it to wave 18!

https://www.youtube....h?v=bcH7haJAWOk

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#34 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

awesome, gratz Akai! I have been playing with a friend of mine from Australia. We get to around wave 12. I tend to bite the bullet pretty fast. We are still learning when to run and when to gun. He flys a 300i or a ghost hornet, i am in my sole 300i. The first trip out was abysmal, for some reason the target lead reticle wasn't on and I couldn't hit a cow with a banjo without it. When I was playing back at launch, the guns would lead automatically, is that the case if you don't have target lead indicators on? I need to read more :(

Sarg

#35 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

They have target pips now, that show where your guns are going to hit and you have to also keep gimbaled guns set on target the little circle in the center lets you kinda use auto-targeting. A lot's changed since AC's launch and mostly for the better! You make it to wave 18 here's a heads up, every single enemy in it is a Prime!

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

#36 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

cool thx, i watched your video! Awesome piloting and marksmanship. I'm over in Spaghetti junction (NE atlanta). Do we have SC meetups in our area? I haven't been to one and don't watch the forums too closely

#37 AkaiMahoMiru

AkaiMahoMiru

Advanced Member

• 88 posts
  • LocationOakwood, GA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Thx, lots and lots of practice XD and I'm in Oakwood GA, I'd be open to one and haven't seen any listed for this area yet. 

Banner.png

Best Regards!
AkaiMahoMiru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users