• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

New guy here .

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cptjockitch

cptjockitch

• 1 posts
  • Locationst petersburg florida

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hey guys im William and i just got Star citizen after playing eve online for the last 5 months . I got tired of the scamming on eve online so i left even tho i loved the game . i have been waiting for this game for about a year and just got on . can someone explain this game to me ? ive been hearing people talk about some people not wanting to fly ships and just being support or something like that . also i cant seem to log into my hangar . everytime i hit launch it says connection error and the screen freezes !

#2 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Welcome to the Romantics, Captain!

The game is in early alpha, just with the dogfighting module and hanger module out right now, the game that most of us are waiting for is the PU (Persistent Universe), but that is way way down the line. It is going to be a sandbox space simulation with FPS, player driven economy, exploration, crafting, etc. I cannot describe all the amazing features that are promised, but there are a slew of them. If they can deliver on all that they say it will be the most epic game of all time (IMO).

The connection issues are to be expected. The servers have been getting slammed after they let 200K people into the DFM. I have not been able to successfully launch a multiplayer game yet, but I have only tried a few times in the last few days. There is a forum post about issues here

https://forums.rober...cussion/139147/

but the list of all the known issues is hard to find (ie, i have not seen a total comprehensive list) but there are a few good links in there that can help. The bottom line is be patient, there are many issues and we are getting a crack at the modules long before any normal development team would allow. Good luck and hope to see you flying soon!

Sarg

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

Welcome!

If you haven't seen them yet, you can watch my Star Citizen news show on YouTube and stay fairly well caught up on the game and it's development process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users