• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Rate the current Marvel Cinematic Universe movies 1-10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DekkoCards

DekkoCards

Administrator

• 285 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

With the current release of Guardians of the Galaxy we have reached the 10 movie mark in the current slate of Marvel movies. This post is simply a top 10 list with #1 being the one you enjoyed the most. Feel free to comment and or add opinions to your responses if you wish.

#10. The Incredible Hulk

#9. Thor: The Dark World

#8. Iron Man 2

#7. Iron Man 3

#6. Thor

#5. Iron Man

#4. Captain America: The First Avenger

#3. Marvel's The Avengers

#2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

#1. Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm usually in a minority when it comes to this list, as many place the first Iron Man movie closer to the top of their list. While it was definitely more fun then the Captain America movies, the time period piece and the new Winter Soldier films were simply more interesting to me. Don't get me wrong though because I love comedy in my action flicks just as much as the next person, which is why Guardians has become top of the list for me. The Captain America films remind me a lot of the Nolan Batman trilogy of films though. The first was a decent introduction to the character that hit a lot of important notes for me, and the second film for me is one of those films where the story was just as interesting to me as the action set pieces were, which is something that doesn't happen a lot with superhero films.

#2 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Well, I haven't been able to see Gaurdians of the Galaxy yet and have yet to see The Winter Soldier but for those I have seen:

8. The Incredible Hulk

7. Iron Man 2

6 Iron Man 3

5. Thor

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

3. Iron Man

2. Thor: The Dark World

1. The Avengers.

I happen to really like the second Thor movie as it is one of the tightest Marvel movies out there. The pacing is spot on for it and, unlike the first Thor, it isn't directed by Kenneth Branagh so it doesn't come across as someone trying to make Thor into Shakespeare (don't get me wrong, Kenneth Branagh is great and the movie is fun but the tone just seems a bit...off). The Avengers is my number one as it manages to make a good and engaging superhero movie with an ensemble cast entertaining. No superhero hogs the spotlight and it doesn't feel like anyone is just shoved on the screen to say "look at this superhero fans!" only for them never to be seen again.

Iron Man is always going to be up towards the top because it was the first superhero movie where the actor cast for the role was absolutely perfect for it (Christian Bale was a fantastic Bruce Wayne, but his Batman left a lot to be desired for me). Not once was I taken out of the movie because the character did something weird (the Batman voice being a perfect example).

Captain America isn't higher because it didn't seem like Chris Evans was entirely comfortable with the role yet (he does a magnificent job in Thor 2 though, even though he doesn't speak and is only on screen for 2 seconds). I expect The Winter Solder to come in at 4 or 2 and Gaurdians of the Galaxy to come in at 1 or 2.

I really, really, want to see Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

#3 RomanticsWes

RomanticsWes

Advanced Member

• 1,026 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America: The First Avenger
  3. Marvel's The Avengers
  4. Thor: The Dark World
  5. Thor
  6. The Incredible Hulk
  7. Iron Man 2
  8. Iron Man 3

I have not seen Guardians or Winter Soldier yet. I think Guardians will probably end up being my #1 if it's even half as good as people are saying it is. I love the setting and the characters more than anything else on the list. I just started catching up on Guardian's comics as well. I think I read somewhere online that Guardians set the new record for top grossing weekend opening for August.

I'm a HUGE Captain America fan as well but the movie still doesn't quite top the charts out of those movies for me. I'm NOT a huge Iron Man fan but I still think the first one was quite a good movie. I'm also a sucker for origin stories so...

#4 Sargoreth

Sargoreth

• 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Y U NO spidey? :D

#5 TheWinslow

TheWinslow

Advanced Member

• 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Y U NO spidey? :D

Y U NO X-men then? :P